Re: Member name libssl.so.0.9.7 does not exist

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:23:35 -0700

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 09:19:08AM -0400, Praveen wrote:
> Yes, the -R option is pointing to the right install of the openssl shared

I can't point to the install root, it has to point to the specific directory
containing the shared libraries.

> libraries. However the error seems to be happening bcos curl is looking
> specifically for 0.9.7 version of openssl and have 0.9.8 version. 0.9.7 doesn't
> install shared libraries with the install of the openssl.

curl doesn't look specifically for any version of OpenSSL that you don't tell
it to. Please try the pkg-config option.

> Do we have to install openssl as "root" ?

No.

> Any help would be appreciated.

You give no indication that you're even trying the suggestions you're getting.

>>> Dan