Re: Member name libssl.so.0.9.7 does not exist

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:46:39 -0700

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 06:21:24PM -0400, Praveen wrote:
> Sorry, it's AIX 5.3.
>
> Have not been able to install openssl 0.9.7 *with* shared libraries. The only
> one I can install shared libraries is openssl 0.9.8.

curl won't work automatically with static OpenSSL libraries.

> When I configured cURL, gave the path to the openssl, did not explicitlly set
> the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, used this
>
> env LDFLAGS=-R<mypath>/openssl/openssl-0.9.8h ./configure --prefix=<mypath>/
> curl --with-ssl=<mypath>/openssl/openssl-0.9.8h

Are you sure the -R path points to where the shared library is stored?
You should also try using pkg-config to configure a home-brewed OpenSSL
instead of that way, by setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH as explained here:
http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/docs/INSTALL.diff?r2=1.96&r1=1.95&diff_format=l

>>> Dan