Re: curl command line and login to phpbb forum

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:10:54 -0600

At 21:47 +0300 7/23/08, Oren Amsalem wrote:
>i dont understand you say that i cant use curl in its command line state to do what i want it to do?
>I dont really have time to learn perl and stuff like that i using curl with autoit...
>All i want to do is to make a post.
>For now i dont even want to get information from the page..
>Just a forum post manager.

You may well need information from the page itself in order to pass randomly changing security information with your POST request. Not everything is done with cookies and sometimes cookies are set by JavaScript in the page rather than being sent in HTTP headers.

Another option is to experiment with the GreaseMonkey tool for Firefox. It allows you to muck with pages using your own JavaScript code which can get executed after a page loads but before its own scripts are executed. You can preset usernames and passwords that way and still allow Firefox to do all of the magic that has been applied in the HTML as downloaded.

Just to show how important multiple pages can be, my brokerage was up to 200 separate pages that had to be downloaded, some from other sites, before it finished processing a password check. I just gave up. They even fixed some of the form submission buttons so GreaseMonkey won't work either.
.

--
-->  The best programming tool is a soldering iron <--