Re: curl command line and login to phpbb forum

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:19:16 -0600

At 18:30 +0300 7/23/08, Oren Amsalem wrote:
Anyway...
If anyone intresting to help me with the posting???(I'm really really really not planing a spam bot....)

Methinks you really need some scripting capability that allows you to prepare the curl tool's command lines so they match successive calls watched with LiveHTTPheaders. Alternatively curllib would allow that kind of intermediate processing with a compiler.

I like perl for that. The requests to curl are done using the backtic quotes to tell perl it needs to pass control to the curl tool and wait for the results.

For a while I did that to automate downloading bank balances but the banks and brokers have gone to unreasonable limits to prevent it. (ssh means "be quiet" to them.)

The directory <ftp://ftp.macnauchtan.com/Software/FinpMod/> contains some samples.

--
-->The Creator is the God who provided the void and the rules that matter and energy must live by in order to exist in it. Intelligent designers and engineers create useful stuff while abiding by the rules.<--