Re: SFTP fail to retrieve large file

From: John <jttmpmail_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 04:29:12 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Stenberg <daniel <at> haxx.se> writes:

> On Sun, 20 Jul 2008, jt wrote:
>
> > I need some help in debugging this issue that I have. I am trying to
> > retrieve a large file (2MB) from a vendor's server using SFTP with curl but
> > it fails. I am able to pull a small file (247B). So, I know that I am
> > specifying the correct information to log onto the server. I am not sure if
> > it is a problem with curl or one of the other libraries.
>
> I would say that the next thing to do, is to try the sample programs in the
> libssh2 project and see if they work (without curl involved). Then we know if
> libcurl or libssh2 is to blame here...

I used the sftp in the libssh2/example/simple directory. I tried to retrieve
the two files on the server. For the small file, I see the contents of the
file. But for the large file I see a bunch of log information. It seems to me
that there is a problem with libssh2.

Have anyone successfully tested SFTP with curl on large files? If so, what SSH
lib was used?

I will post my issue on libssh2 list.

Failure Output:
libssh2_sftp_init()!
libssh2_sftp_open()!
libssh2_sftp_open() is done, now receive data!
libssh2_sftp_read()!

| Thread depth limit: Compact
              Time Percent
 Count Total Net Total Net Location
     1 0.1 0.0 100.0 19.0 +--LogFactory:getLog
(org.apache.commons.logging)