How to auto-retry a servered connection?

From: <PsiStormYamato_at_cs.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 20:56:37 EDT

I see that there is an option to retry option (--retry xx) option, but I
can't get it to work when an established connection has been severed, such as when
my dailup connection is broken, and it returns error code 18: "Partial file.
Only a part of the file was transferred.". (Maybe the retry option only
applies to the initial connection attempt?) I want for cURL to keep retrying if the
connection is severed, so that it will seamlessly resume downloading after the
internet connection is re-established.

I guess I could use a script that keeps looping the command until
%errorlevel% is = 0, but I thought that surely there is a native function in cURL that
already does what I need.

The command I am trying to use is : " curl -C - -L -v -O --retry 999 -S
"http://www.archive.org/download/usgs_drg_nc_35077_b1/o35077b1.tif" "