Re: Mask remote IP when querying page with libcurl in PHP?

From: Arthur <pylinuxian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 20:18:45 +0000

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 2:00 AM, fcmodz <fcmodz_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to hide or fake a different IP
>> address when using cURL binding in PHP to query webpages. Most webpages see
>> the server's REMOTE_ADDR and use this for the IP. Is it possible to fill in
>> any value you want to for this with cURL so the webpage analyzing your
>> request will not see the actual server's IP address?

You can't fake your ip unless you use an external proxy otherwise the page
you are retrieving will go to the fake ip & you will recieve nothing. & all
those paid services thta promise to hide your ip do it thru thier dedicated
proxies and thats the only way of doing it anyway.
Curl allows the use of proxies pretty easily.

--
"He who asks a question may be a fool for a few minutes. He who does not ask
may be a fool forever"