Cookie Handling using Libcurl

From: Atul_Aggarwal <Atul_Aggarwal_at_satyam.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 14:10:57 +0530

Hi All,

I am using libcurl for one of my projects in which we are using the
"easy perform" operation.

As a part of our flow we need to connect to an URL which is
authenticated. Authentication is controlled using a Cookie.

We use the Cookie generated in the first authentication call in all
further calls to the URL(sub URLs).

Due to our specific requirements the authentication is valid for 1 day
i.e. 24 hrs. Accordingly we got the changes done to get the Cookie
Expiration time set for 24 hrs at the authentication server. We tested
these setting using IE and it is working fine and once generated, the
Cookie is valid for 24hrs.

However we are facing an issue while connecting through Libcurl. In this
case the Cookie is getting expired within 5-6 mins.

I don't have much knowledge on the Cookie handling front but want to
know

* If there is any difference in the way Libcurl handles the
Cookie as compared to how it is handled in IE?

* Is there any specific settings or parameter values that need
to be set in our code to make it work with Libcurl?

Please help with any information in this regards to help us address this
issue.

Thanks

Atul

DISCLAIMER: