Re: curl ftp error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 08:58:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, T D wrote:

> > Uploading FTP over a HTTP proxy is only very rarely working. I would
> > simply assume that your proxy doesn't allow it.

> Uploading over an HTTP proxy works fine wehen we upload to another server.
> We're just having probelms with the new server. So our proxy DOES allow it.
> We've verified the Login and password are correct, so we can rule that out.

(Whoa your mail was a maze of weird HTML so I had to handicraft together this
response.)

Then I advice you do the following steps:

1 - upgrade to a modern curl

2 - try the operation again

3 - if it fails, compare the --trace-ascii outputs of the working case and the
     non-working case

4 - if this still doesn't work, start considering putting a network analyzer
     on the other side of the proxy since then it seems the servers react
     differently on the HTTP => FTP conversion done by the proxy.