Re: connecting to ftps with certificate?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:04:36 -0700

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 03:48:37PM -0500, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> I tried that, and it didn't work for that particular server. So this
> will work for me.

Try this URL:

 ftp://usa.ftptls.edisrvcs.com/xxx.yyy/%2f#E2

> > You probably need to specify text transfers in the URL. Try appending
> > ";type=A" to your URL, and note that curl doesn't completely support
> > text conversion (it's listed as a known bug).
> >

> Does it fully support ASCII characters?

Direct from the KNOWN_BUGS file:

21. FTP ASCII transfers do not follow RFC959. They don't convert the data
   accordingly (not for sending nor for receiving). RFC 959 section 3.1.1.1
   clearly describes how this should be done:

     The sender converts the data from an internal character representation to
     the standard 8-bit NVT-ASCII representation (see the Telnet
     specification). The receiver will convert the data from the standard
     form to his own internal form.

   Since 7.15.4 at least line endings are converted.

>>> Dan