Re: connecting to ftps with certificate?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:38:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:

> I have a certificate in my firefox. I can export it to .p12 file. What do I
> do next?
>
> 1. Convert ,p12 file to what? What would be a command line for that (openssl)

Convert it to PEM. The command line for that is something like:

  $ openssl pkcs12 -in cred.p12 -out certkey.pem -nodes -clcerts

But google has a lot more to tell...

> 2. What is the commend to use the certificate?

It depends. If you have both your cert and key in a file, -E is the option.
Otherwise you need to specify them both separately. And the keyphrase for the
key of course.

> 3. How can I tell what ftp server wants? ssl, tls, cert, etc?

By what the server responds.

> 4. How can I view the ftp server folder?

By ending the URL with a trailing slash

> 5. What is the command to upload a file?

-T

You really really should consider reading docs or even trying commands before
asking all these questions.

> I have this command but that doesn't seem to work. I believe I have probobly
> got the certificate part wrong. If you guys could answer above questions
> that would be great.

Without more details that's impossible for us to tell.