connecting to ftps with certificate?

From: Lukasz Szybalski <szybalski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:45:08 -0500

Hello,
I am new to certificates and ftps. I am trying to connect to an ftps
server. I am using linux, so I read that I could do it with curl ftp
client.

I have a certificate in my firefox. I can export it to .p12 file. What
do I do next?

1. Convert ,p12 file to what? What would be a command line for that (openssl)
2. What is the commend to use the certificate?
3. How can I tell what ftp server wants? ssl, tls, cert, etc?
4. How can I view the ftp server folder?
5. What is the command to upload a file?

I have this command but that doesn't seem to work. I believe I have
probobly got the certificate part wrong. If you guys could answer
above questions that would be great.

curl -cacert ca.pem --cert client.pem --key key.pem -k -v -u USER:PASS
ftp://usa.ftptls.edisrvcs.com --ftp-ssl

Thanks,
Lucas

--