Re: Transition to "sane" command line option treatment

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:07:50 -0700

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 11:59:12PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I've received very little feedback on this, but among the little I've got
> there have only been positive remarks. I'm proceeding with this approach
> and I'll commit my patch soonish to let the world play with it.

I think this is an excellent improvement. Without this, the .curlrc file
is essentially useless for the majority of options since it's impossible for
a user or app to call curl with an unambiguous set of options. The user
experience with this change should be pretty reasonable, too, excepting
a few double negatives (e.g. --no-disable-eprt, --no-no-keepalive (does
the patch already handle this one?)) and a few that become misleading
(e.g. --no-ipv4 does NOT disable IPv4 parsing).

>>> Dan