Re: Transition to "sane" command line option treatment

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:37:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Wei Weng wrote:

>> My first thoughts on how to do this, is simply to convert all the current
>> options to _enable_ options and then introduce a new concept that negates
>> the option. Like -v or --verbose to enable verbose, and --no-verbose to
>> disable verbose.

> Are you saying that if I want to disable a certain option, I need to specify
> --no-OPTION_NAME explicitly to curl?

Yes. But only if that option is enabled already by some other means.
--no-OPTION_NAME would be the way to again disable the thing --OPTION_NAME
enabled.

I'm convinced that most curl users of today use --OPTION_NAME options to
enable things and very few use them (again) to disable previously enabled
options.