RE: Empty file received at remote site

From: Martineau, Luc <Luc.Martineau_at_snclavalin.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 15:09:07 -0400

Hello Dan,

Thank you very much for you reply.

> It might be that the data connection is expected to be encrypted by
the
> server; try it without the --ftp-ssl-control option.

I tried also --quote "PROT"

I tried without --ftp-ssl-control option and I got something like

== Info: About to connect() to remote_server 990 (#0)
== Info: Trying remote_server... == Info: connected
== Info: Connected to remote_server (remote_server_ip) port 990 (#0)
== Info: FTP response reading failed
== Info: Closing connection #0

If I don't use --ftp-ssl-control option, I never see any transfert in
trace file.

> Better yet, if the
> FTP server supports it, is to use a ftp:// URL and the --ftp-ssl
option
> to let the client and server negotiate the proper encryption types.

They (at the remote site) ask to use implicit mode.
Explicit mode is unsupported by them. I can't connect with explicit
mode.

> How long does the transfer take? If it takes a while and you're going
through
> a NAT, the control connection could be dropped. Try the --ftp-ssl-ccc
> or --keepalive-time options to try to get around that.

It takes less than 5 seconds to transfert. When I use --progress-bar
option, I see the progress bar progressing :-)
but when it reachs 100%, it waits until 5 minutes or --max-time options
is reached.

--keepalive-time and -ftp-ssl-ccc options don't change anything

It seems to have an "incompatibility" between cURL and Glub Tech Secure
FTP Wrapper

See http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2006-05/0037.html

Regards

Luc