FTP proxy options

From: <gunno.ivansson_at_srv.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:15:26 +0200

Hi,

I am a Mac user using curl to upload files. Our IT-people recently installed
a proxy server, which caused me some problems. I read the man pages and came
up with a solution that involved the creation of a .curlrc configuration
file where I specified the proxy (proxy = myProxy:8080).
The command looks like this:

curl --proxy-user myUsername:myPassWord -T "{/path/to/myFile}" -u
ftpUser:ftpPassWord ftp://ftp.ourPrintshop.se/

I would prefer to include the proxy specification in the command. I tried
several ways but none succeeded. How can I include the proxy specification
in the command?

Regards
Gunno Ivansson