Re: curl-7.18.1 on plain X86_64 with GCC-4.3.0 wants to cross-compile?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:39:58 -0700

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 08:14:58PM +0200, Dennis Heuer wrote:
> I tried to install curl-7.18.1 on a freshly bootstrapped, plain X86_64
> linux 2.6.25 system with GCC-4.3.0 (the rest up-to-date too.)
> However, ./configure spit out the message that some libs are available
> at link-time but not at run-time. I was confused by this, looked into
> the configure script and found that this is only checked when
> cross-compiling. This is not the case on my sytem and not what is
> expressed in config.log:
>
> Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> Configured with: ./configure --prefix=/opt/gcc-4.3.0 --disable-multilib
> Thread model: posix
> (...)
> configure:3397: checking whether we are cross compiling
> configure:3399: result: no
> (...)
>
> The libs complained about are gss and gnutls. They're working fine with
> other packages. I appended the (very huge) config.log for more
> information.

The GSS test in the config.log file says:

configure:31859: checking run-time libs availability
configure:31887: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/include conftest.c -lgssapi
+-lgss >&5
/bin/ld: cannot find -lgssapi
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:31890: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1

This implies that the file libgssapi.so is not found, at leas in the standard
locations. Have you installed the appropriate -devel package for gssapi?
If so, have you passed the correct path in the --with-gssapi option?
What options are you using on the configure command line?

>>> Dan