Re: CURL SFTP wriitng Generations Data Sets(GDG) in MVS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:02:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Masso Jr, James wrote:

> I am currently trying to write a shell script in UNIX using CURL SFTP

No, SFTP is not the same as FTPS. You use --ftp-ssl which is FTPS.

It matters because curl supports both SFTP and FTPS and using the wrong term
makes things a bit confusin.

>> STOR UATGENS.xxxxxxx.wwwwwww(+1)
>
> < 550-SVC99 Return code=4 S99INFO=0 S99ERROR=1164 HEX=048C S99ERSN code
> X'00000000').
>
> < 550 Unable to create data set UATGENS.xxxxxxx.wwwwwww.G0045V00 for
> STOR command.

Ok, so curl sends the STOR command to upload a file and the server denies it
to do that. This is rather a server issue than a curl issue. curl can only
send the command and wish that the server grants it access.