Re: Reg : curl_easy_perform() taking 150ms

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:38:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Deepesh Damodaran wrote:

> Once of our application use CURL as FTP mechanism for file transfers between
> systems. Recently we got a request to increase the throughput of the file
> transfers. While investigating possible measures to increase the throughput
> by introducing the logs, we observed curl_easy_perform() routine takes 150ms
> for connection setup.

> Is there any way to work around this through alternate command line options?

If you want to improve that you should first break that number down even more
into exactly what stages that take what time. Then see if you can optimize
that more. curl of course does as good as possible already given the
requirements and there's no secret --work-faster option.

> I observed latest version of CURL is 7.18.0. Is there any changes in newer
> version addressing similar problems.

No, the latest is 7.18.1 now.

And this is not a known problem at all.