Reg : curl_easy_perform() taking 150ms

From: Deepesh Damodaran <deepesh_at_kerala.cc>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 03:51:06 -0700
Hello All,

This is regarding the curl_easy_perform() routine.

Once of our application use CURL as FTP mechanism for file transfers between systems.
Recently we got a request to increase the throughput of the file transfers.
While investigating possible measures to increase the throughput by introducing the logs, we observed curl_easy_perform() routine takes 150ms for connection setup.

We observed this finding being a major bottleneck to address any throughput improvements.

Could one of you throw some light on this finding?
Is there any way to work around this through alternate command line options?
I observed latest version of CURL is 7.18.0. Is there any changes in newer version addressing similar problems.

Any inputs would be really helpful !

Thanks in advance,
Deepesh

Get Your Private & Free 6 Meg Email Space at http://www.Kerala.cc 4 ever.