Problems while configuring Curl with openssl

From: Venkiteswaran, Srihari \(Srihari\) <srihariv_at_alcatel-lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:02:44 +0530

Hello people,

I am trying to configure curl with openssl and my efforts went in vain..

I had browsed all the threads related to this.. But cannot track down
the exact reason for the problem..

After configuration I am receiving the following configurarion which
says ssl support no...

My command was ./configure -with-ssl=/usr/bin/openssl

I had also set the PKG_PATH_CONFIG=/usr/local/ssl/lib/pkgconfig

curl version: 7.18.0

  Host setup: i686-pc-linux-gnu

  Install prefix: /usr/local

  Compiler: gcc

  SSL support: no (--with-ssl / --with-gnutls)

  SSH support: no (--with-libssh2)

  zlib support: enabled

  krb4 support: no (--with-krb4*)

  GSSAPI support: no (--with-gssapi)

  SPNEGO support: no (--with-spnego)

  c-ares support: no (--enable-ares)

  ipv6 support: enabled

  IDN support: no (--with-libidn)

  Build libcurl: Shared=yes, Static=yes

  Built-in manual: enabled

  Verbose errors: enabled (--disable-verbose)

  SSPI support: no (--enable-sspi)

  ca cert path: no

  LDAP support: no (--enable-ldap / --with-ldap-lib /
--with-lber-lib)

  LDAPS support: no (--enable-ldaps)

Can someone give me suggestions what could have gone wrong????

Thanks & Regards,

Srihari V