Re: can i use Lib curl for DaVinci processors of TI?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:04:04 -0800

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:23:02PM +0530, zuber saiyed_at_einfochips.com wrote:
> I am able to transfer the file when I work with Red hat Linux but now
>
> I wanted to run this application on TI's DaVinci processor (It's a dual core
> processor ARM+DSP).
>
> And for this ARM core I am using Monta Vista Linux 4.0.
>

> I want to know whether I can use the LibCurl 7.17.1 for this processor or not?

Lots of people run libcurl on ARM processors, so there shouldn't be a
problem.

> I have tried to cross compile this library as per the INSTALL document.
>
> The script which I have used to cross compile is:
>

> export PATH=$PATH:/opt/montavista/pro/devkit/arm/v5t_le/bin
>
> export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/montavista/pro/devkit/arm/v5t_le/target/usr/include"
>
> export AR=arm_v5t_le-ar
>
> export AS=arm_v5t_le-as
>
> export LD=arm_v5t_le-ld
>
> export RANLIB=arm_v5t_le-ranlib
>
> export CC=arm_v5t_le-gcc
>
> export NM=arm_v5t_le-nm
>

> ./configure --target=arm-redhat-linux --host=arm-redhat-linux --build=
> arm_v5t_le --without-random --disable-shared
>

> Is there any mistake in this script or am I missing something because when I
> run my application on this Processor I am getting ?cannot execute binary file?
> error?

There probably is a mistake in one of the configure arguments. Have you
tried the simple version:

        ./configure --host=arm_v5t_le-linux --without-random --disable-shared

after setting your PATH, of course? Does the output of "arm_v5t_le-objdump -x
curl" match what you expect for the architecture? Can you run a Hello World
program on your target using the arm_v5t_le-gcc compiler?

>>> Dan