curl_multi_info_read

From: McLean, Peter <PMcLean_at_ballytech.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:47:04 -0800

After an upload transfer task in the CURLM handle has completed I am
calling curl_multi_info_read and examining the CURLMsg struct that is
returned. I found a case where write access on the host is denied the
user and so the transfer fails. I would expect in this case that the
CURLcode 'result' returned in the 'data' element of the CURLMsg
structure would be something other than CURLE_OK. Perhaps
CURLE_WRITE_ERROR or CURLE_HTTP_RETURNED_ERROR. However, it is
CURLE_OK. I found I can catch the HTTP error code with a call to
curl_easy_getinfo requesting CURLINFO_HTTP_CODE (libcurl 7.10.6) but I'm
not sure if this will work in all transfer cases or is the correct use
of this function. Is this a known bug with curl_multi_info_read? If so
what is the recommended work around?

Pete McLean