Re: Three state in the same Error code :-X

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:35:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Sebastien WILLEMIJNS wrote:

>> Once the transfer phase starts, there is no default timeouts at all.
>
> grin! CURL has remplaced the timeout management by the "-m" ?!

I don't understand your question.

I'm explaining how (lib)curl works and this is not anything new, this is how
it has been working for as long as I can remember - and probably even longer.

> now when we want to download a file and do others tasks whatever the state
> of the file, we must mandatory add a value for "-m" ?

I don't understand this either. If you want to be guaranteed that a curl
operation never exceeds a specific time, you need to use -m yes.