Re: Three state in the same Error code :-X

From: Sebastien WILLEMIJNS <sebastien_at_willemijns.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:27:16 +0200

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:34:07 +0200 (CEST), "Daniel Stenberg"
<daniel_at_haxx.se> said:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Sebastien WILLEMIJNS wrote:
>
> >> When you use "-m 1" you lower the default timeout to 1000 milliseconds,
> >> yes.
> >
> > No, when i use -m (--max-time), i ask the program to stop whathever his case
> > when download has began...
>
> Yes, but to do that, the default timeouts will have to be lowered to 1000
> milliseconds.

not necessary, you can have "-m 1" and faked new option
"--when_download-timeout 10"
in others words when download began "-m" is a state, timeout is another
state...

> > We can see another trouble, when download has began what is the defaut
> > timeout ? because --connect-timeout is not used ;)
>
> Once the transfer phase starts, there is no default timeouts at all.

grin! CURL has remplaced the timeout management by the "-m" ?!
now when we want to download a file and do others tasks whatever the
state of the file, we must mandatory add a value for "-m" ?

for me best method is to purpose a custimozable timeout-after-connect
value :)