Re: Curl for Windows will not work

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:04:25 -0700

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 11:39:43AM -0700, Winkler, Richard wrote:
> I just want to use the compiled curl.exe that I downloaded from one of
> the sites of of Curl. But when I type curl (no matter what options I
> use) and press "enter" all I get is the command prompt again.
>
> I downloaded curl in the zip file and unpacked it. Is there something
> else that needs to be done? Do I need to download and register curllib?
>
> This is for a Windows environment and yes I downloaded the Windows
> version.

Depending on which whose version of curl you downloaded, you may need to
download one or more extra DLLs, too. Those could include libcurl, zlib,
openssl, or more. A README file in the package you downloaded ought to
say, or you may need to use a DLL dependency tool to find out what
library is missing.

>>> Dan