Re: Can't install cURL 7.16.4 with SUSE 10.2 i586...

From: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 07:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- "R." <r.lambert_at_ulg.ac.be> wrote:

> > Beginning from curl-7.16.0 some internal interfaces changed, and
> > unfortunately there are other targets/packages/libraries (vorbis-tools ->
> > ecasound, maybe some more) which depend on curl's internal interfaces,
> > which they shouldn't.
> >
> > So, that's probably why SUSE does not want to upgrade 'curl'.
>
> I understand :-) Thank you for the explanation :-)
>

> > If you are interested, I can quickly add curl-7.16.4-2 to my
> > AppsFromScratch and you'll be able to build and install it locally, not
> > changing anything in your system, not even using 'root' permissions.
>
> Yes, I'm very interested in that... In fact I'm trying to update cURL to get
> curlftpfs to work correctly (because it seems that there is a problem between
> curlftpfs and some previous version of cURL)...
>
> I don't understand what you mean by AppsFromScratch (I didn't manage to see
> the website indicated in your message) and installing cURL without root
> permissions... but If this would allow me to use curlftpfs with the latest
> cURL, I would be very very happy... :-)
>
> Well, I don't know if you need to know it but I have the root password since
> this is my personal computer.
>
> > I'm now working on SUSE 10.2, so there is a very high chance it'll just
> > work for you.
>
> Well, I'm lucky today :-)
>
> Thank you very much for your help, Sergei !
>

> R.

At them moment I see thatthe only available tarball is curl-7.16.4.tar.bz2, so that's what
I'm going to build.

I.e. I can't find curl-7.16.4-2.tar.bz2 one.

If you know a mirror with curl-7.16.4-2.tar.[bz2,gz], please let me know.

Thanks,
  Sergei.

Regards,

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/