Re: Can't install cURL 7.16.4 with SUSE 10.2 i586...

From: R. <r.lambert_at_ulg.ac.be>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:17:55 +0200

> Beginning from curl-7.16.0 some internal interfaces changed, and
> unfortunately there are other targets/packages/libraries (vorbis-tools ->
> ecasound, maybe some more) which depend on curl's internal interfaces,
> which they shouldn't.
>
> So, that's probably why SUSE does not want to upgrade 'curl'.

I understand :-) Thank you for the explanation :-)

> If you are interested, I can quickly add curl-7.16.4-2 to my
> AppsFromScratch and you'll be able to build and install it locally, not
> changing anything in your system, not even using 'root' permissions.

Yes, I'm very interested in that... In fact I'm trying to update cURL to get
curlftpfs to work correctly (because it seems that there is a problem between
curlftpfs and some previous version of cURL)...

I don't understand what you mean by AppsFromScratch (I didn't manage to see
the website indicated in your message) and installing cURL without root
permissions... but If this would allow me to use curlftpfs with the latest
cURL, I would be very very happy... :-)

Well, I don't know if you need to know it but I have the root password since
this is my personal computer.

> I'm now working on SUSE 10.2, so there is a very high chance it'll just
> work for you.

Well, I'm lucky today :-)

Thank you very much for your help, Sergei !

R.