zero-byte transfers (was Re: your mail)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:19:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Song Ma wrote:

I'm cc'ing this to the curl-library list, since that is the more suitable list
for this discussion and development. Please take follow-ups there.

> I got your meaning. The following patches have enabled user to transfer
> 0-size file over HTTP, FTP and TFTP besides the previous patch for FILE.
> HTTPS and FTPS shall also work fine with these patches since HTTP and FTP
> are working under the patches.
>
> All these patches were made upon snapshot version "curl-7.17.0-20070807".
> Please let me know your ideas.

1. Can you explain the patch to sendf.c? Why does it care what contents
    it should write?

2. Please keep source code lines within 80 columns width

Also, do you think you would be able to provide one or a few test cases to
verify this functionality? It's not a show-stopper, but it would bring a
golden flavour to your work! ;-)