Re: your mail

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:57:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Song Ma wrote:

> In this mail list one guy has proposed a patch to fix this problem as early
> as in June 4th. Somehow that patch was turned down at that time. Since the
> same problem is poping up again, you can refer to the posted patch and test
> it in your source to see if it works to avoid invent wheels. ;-)

That patch _only_ affected file:// transfers, and the rejection of the patch
is also logged fine:

         http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2007-06/0055.html

If we're going to make libcurl deal with 0-byte transfers, I want to at least
attempt to have it working the same way for most if not all protocols libcurl
supports.