Re: curl: (35) error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:20:36 -0700

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 01:10:10AM -0400, Humayun Bhyat wrote:
> I tried adding the --ftp-ssl-ccc option as you suggested, but unfortunately it
> does not seem to change anything. Simply using the ftp URL does work, however I
> am looking for the security of ftps.

If you leave the --ftp-ssl option that you gave in your example, curl will
attempt to negotiate SSL, even on the ftp: URL. You can add --ftp-ssl-reqd
to make it bail out if it can't.

> Is there another ftps Server which you would recommend besides FileZilla?

What platform are you interested in? There are usually lots of choices on
most platforms.

> Also do you know where I can get a Windows version of cURL,exe which does
> support sftp?

All the curl binaries I know about are listed at
http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

>>> Dan