Re: CURL and SFTP performances

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:13:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, antonio spoken wrote:

> I tried to do a big file transfer of about 35 megs, and the resulting
> transfer rate was quite slow, with a transfer time of about 3 minutes (more
> or less 200 KB/s). With the common sftp delivered by OpenSSH i transfer the
> same file in about 10 seconds (about 3 MB/s).

The problem with SFTP performance with libssh2 is a known problem and there
are ideas and theories in the libssh2 camp about what can be done to improve
things, but me knowingly there's nobody actively working on this.

This is not anything curl/libcurl does wrong, it's just an effect how a rather
stupid protocol (SFTP) and a not perfectly adapted library (libssh2) combines.