Re: Getting Couldn't resolve host error from Curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 14:04:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Pokala Prabhakar - R&D wrote:

> it is giving the error "Couldn't resolve host ..." once the ip address
> range is changed in the router configuration. I need to reboot my device to
> get it work. It is not working with out rebooting the device even though
> dhcp client run on the device and gets the new ip details.

Can you use other tools (like ftp, telnet etc) with the host name with the
updated IP when curl fails?

I don't see how curl can do anything wrong that would correct itself with a
reboot. curl will of course do its resolve the exact same way even after you
reboot it. It sounds more like a problem with your resolver/DNS something.