Re: more attributes per entry on the download page?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:10:47 -0700

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 10:16:42PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Today we mark listed download packages as being built with SSL support (but
> without saying which SSL library) or not.
>
> Since binary curl and libcurl packages can be built to use quite a number
> of different libraries, shouldn't we rather try to be more specific exactly
> what features the packages support (besides SSL or not) and what libs they
> thus use?
>
> If so, how on earth can we cram that into the page without making
> everything a huge mess?

That's too much information for the curl project to try to keep track of,
IMHO. Each package ought to include a README file or other dependency
metadata (.dep, .rpm) that provides that information already. There aren't
many platforms where there's any choice in the matter, anyway, which means
that few people would be able to use this extra information to choose between
downloads.

>>> Dan