Re: Using a smartcard and PIN

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 23:31:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Don MacLeod wrote:

> I need help using cURL to access a web page that requires a smartcard and
> PIN.

Ah, I've heard people say those things exist...

> Ideally I would like to say something like
> --PIN <myPINcode> <smartcard options>
>
> With possibly an additional option for the smartcard engine

That's what --engine is for, I think. I don't know how the PIN is supposed to
be given though.

> Then, I would want to get the links form the page and download each of the
> linked files that meet certain criteria.

Now that won't be done by curl itself, as it will only deliver the HTML (or
whatever) for you.

> And .. Is there a cURL Cookbook?

There are a bunch of docs and guides online:

         http://curl.haxx.se/docs/

... and the best paper book I know that covers *a lot* of curl (but is mostly
(only?) talking about PHP/CURL) is Webbots, Spiders and Screen Scrapers:

         http://www.schrenk.com/nostarch/webbots/index.php