How to use cURL

From: sam jeorge <sam_jeorge99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 21:37:19 -0700 (PDT)

This is the first time i am looking this .
  Please let me know how to use the cURL. How to download the files from URL/FTP sites.
  I have cURL on my unix meachine and URL/FTP sites from WindowsNT. Do i need to set-up anything for both sides? Because these windows boxes are maintained by other organization and we don't any perimissions on box other than just they gave URLs and username/passwds for sites and we can enter and download files. so please advise me .I have register with cURL users and i got authinication mail but how post the messages.
  If you provide information regd usage with cURL and some examples so that will be appriciate it.

  Please give some examples for usage of the cURL.

  How to set-up cURL ? I have software in my Unix Box so can i directly connect any URLS/FTP site ?
  While connecting URLs is there any specific method is there ? or just simply connect with command line.