Odd behavior using curl to ftp to Yahoo

From: m <m0987_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 01:32:58 -0700

I'm seeing some odd behavior using curl get ftp directory listings
from a web server, but only from Yahoo hosted servers.

On Mac OS X 10.4.9, in Terminal, I issue two consecutive curl
commands like this:

> curl ftp://myusername:mypassword@ftp.myserver.com;curl ftp://
myusername:mypassword_at_ftp.myserver.com

What I get back is a directory listing corresponding to the first
call to curl, but then for the second, I get:

> curl: (67) Access denied: 530

The same thing happens if I issue the two curl commands on separate
lines or even in different terminal windows as long as the second
curl is within a second or so of the first. It is as if Yahoo is
imposing a minimum time interval between connection attempts.

Has anyone else seen this?

_murat