Re: patch for the case that curl can't transfer zero-size file by file://download

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:38:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, ·å Í¿ wrote:

> Hi. I am using the curl with version 7.16.1.
> By this patch, my curl can transfer zero-size file by file://download/.

You really should start posting patches such as this to the curl-library list
instead...

My main concern with this patch is how it makes the file: URL case different
than all the others. I don't mind having support for zero-byte files, but I'm
a bit hesitant to add it just for one single protocol and have the others not
support it.

Anyone else with thoughts on this subject?