RE: Newbie Troubleshooting Question...

From: Dave Tabor <dtabor_at_mageeop.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:56:42 -0400

Hi, Dan and everyone.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have mentioned that I had tried
the -k option, which didn't change the error.

With the -v option, I get this output:
* About to connect() to testing.servername.com port 443
* Trying <ip addr>... connected
* Connected to testing.servername.com (<ip addr>) port 443
* found 59 certificates in /opt/TWWfsw/curl715/share/ca-bundle.crt
* gnutls_handshake() failed: -9
* Closing connection #0
curl: (35) gnutls_handshake() failed: -9

More information:
----------------
The vendor I'm using has two servers, one test server and one live
server. I found that I'm getting this error on the test server, but
when I sent some 'test' data to the live server, I got a favorable
response. (no gnutls_handshake failure)

When I type either url into a windows web browser, they both give
favorable responses.

What could be missing or set correctly on my unix machine, that would
give different responses on these two servers, vs. two good responses
from windows?

Thanks,
Dave