Re: Beginner's help with Perl and Curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:03:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Scott Medaugh wrote:

> my $query = new CGI;
>
> my $filename = $query->param("fileName");
> $filename =~ s/.*[\/\\](.*)/$1/;
> my $upload_filehandle = $query->upload("fileName");

This is really not related to curl but is simply a question of using CGI.pm
and I suppose there are much better lists/forums for that purpose.

Anyway, I have a piece of perl that receives a HTTP multipart formpost and it
lets CGI.pm receives the whole lot and just get it from a temporary file after
the request is complete:

     $query = new CGI;

     $filename=$query->param("upfile");
     $tmpFile = $query->tmpFileName($filename);

... then $tmpfile contains the uploaded data.