Re: posting regular data file with --data

From: John Meissen <john_at_meissen.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:59:55 -0700

You're misinterpreting the --data option. It expects the data to follow
the option on the command line.

According to the description of the --data option if you want it to read from
stdin you should specify '-':

  curl --data - <myfile

or if you want it to read from a file you start it with '@'

  curl --data @myfile