How to begin troubleshooting - segmentation fault?

From: Charlie Reddington <charlie.reddington_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:23:37 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I'm a total newb to curl, and I personally am not the one using it. I am a
sysadmin for a company that one of our developers uses it.

We wrote a php script to do our billing for our website. When the script
runs, I get this output *out been snipped*:

** about to authorize **
about to use curl...1...2...3...4...5Segmentation fault

I know this is kind of vauge, but we started digging around google to see if
there was anyone else who may have some insight for us, but there's a
differnt situation for each.

Here's the out put from curl -V:

curl -V
curl 7.12.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.12.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
zlib/1.2.1.2 libidn/0.5.6
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

If someone can tell me what this segmentation fault is about, that would
probably be a great start. What else can I gather to better help trouble
shoot this situation?

Charlie