Re: Problem gettig and html web with spcial characters

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:07:46 -0800

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 08:43:36PM +0100, Daniel de la Cuesta wrote:
> I am using curl from the command line. I am doing a GET to an HTML web page and
> saving it in a file. The HTML page is encoded using UTF-8.
>
> I have problem with special characters (spanish characters).
>
> How can I get the characters correctly encoded?

They are correctly encoded--they're in UTF-8. If you don't like the UTF-8
encoding for some reason, you can use an external program to convert it
to something more convenient to you (e.g. ISO 8859/1, EBCDIC, etc.). The
iconv program is one way to do this on Linux and other systems. curl's
responsibility ends once it has delivered the remote data to your computer.

>>> Dan