Re: openssl engine not supported

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:02:57 -0800

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 12:36:14PM -0700, otrcomm wrote:
> I am installing curl-7.16.1-20070213 and get "openssl engine not supported" when I run 'make test', I got this with the released
> curl-7.16.1.tar.bz2 also. I am using openssl-0.9.8e, but got the same error with openssl-0.9.7b.
>
> Is this an error that I need to be concerned about, or just an issue with 'tests/libtest/test307.pl' ?

It's not an error at all; presumably, your test results show a test pass rate
of 100%. The message is just an indication of a limitation of your test
platform's ability to run that test. In this case, the limitation is
in OpenSSL; the 'openssl' engine seems to be supported only by early
versions. It's not needed for curl to function, it's just a convenient way
to exercise one code path within libcurl and improve its test coverage.

>>> Dan