Re: specify range with http PUT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:10:00 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, John Meissen wrote:

> I'd like to use curl to update small portions of large files on a web sever,
> but it doesn't look like I can make it work.
>
> Specifying the -r/--range option sounds like the logical approach, and it
> creates the correct header. But it then starts at the beginning and attempts
> to transfer the entire file.

Hm, I remember we worked on this feature ages ago but I don't recall exactly
where we ended up on this.

The --range option only changes the range the request asks the server to
deliver in its response (the Range: header). The header that limits what parts
you send in a PUT would be Content-Range: (AFAIU), and you should be able to
set that manually if the receive just understands it.

I don't think we have any option that allows you to do this conveniently.