specify range with http PUT

From: John Meissen <john_at_meissen.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:39:33 -0800

I'd like to use curl to update small portions of large files on a web sever,
but it doesn't look like I can make it work.

Specifying the -r/--range option sounds like the logical approach, and it
creates the correct header. But it then starts at the beginning and attempts
to transfer the entire file.

I can use the -C/--continue-at option to specify the correct offset to
start uploading. But there's no way to specify an offset to stop at.
I tried --max-filesize, but that didn't do anything.

It seems to me that -r should be sufficient. Am I not seeing something?

john-