Re: NTLM Authentication - Access Denied

From: Niels Heyvaert <nielsheyvaert_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:50:15 +0000

This appeared to be an RTFM problem :-(

Using --ntlm in combination with --user got the download working as
expected.

The -ntlm (with single '-') was a typo in the post. But it just was not
clear to me I had to explicitly use the --user option.

Thanks for your support!

Niels.

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Niels Heyvaert wrote:

>However, when I try to download with curl using the -ntlm option, I get the
>following server headers using the -i option:

1. The option is called --ntlm (with *two* dashes)

2. Is your curl compiled with NTLM support? If so, can you see it send out
the NTLM auth header fine (with -v)?

>Any idea what is going wrong? I also tried to use the --user option, but
>that did not work, obviously.

You *must* provide name and password as curl cannot figure it by itself
(unless you use curl built with SSPI-support on windows but then you need to
use "--user :" to trigger it).

Wist je dat je Windows Live Messenger vanaf nu ook op je gsm beschikbaar is?
http://get.live.com/messenger/mobile