Re: Newbie trying to do transaction on a https website

From: John Vorwald <john_vorwald_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:10:52 -0500

Thanks for the good recommendation Dan. I don't know how to reply to my post, but since posting, I did realize that I need to run LiveHTTPheaders by reading through the tutorial at http://curl.freemirror.de/docs/httpscripting.html<http://curl.freemirror.de/docs/httpscripting.html>. I installed LiveHTTPheaders, and by studying the generators and headers as I've moved through the pages and entered information, and I've been able to sucessfully create curl command line statements to access all the web pages and input the information.

Now, I'll have to think about coding this process. As I get ready to start programming the curl commands, can you tell me if there is a way to have curl return specific values from the web pages. It appears that the web addresses change every time I enter the login command lines and they time out reasonably quickly, and there are a few to links to track. I could write a some code to extract the info I need from curl web output, but are the output control options in curl?

John