Re: Changing to a directory on MVS

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:14:32 -0800

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 08:26:57AM -0800, Lisa M Saichompoo wrote:
> Adding an additional slash made it interrupt the directory I wanted as /teddy1
> which doesn?t exist. Good suggestion though. I know on the mainframe system if
> you sign in as the user frog, in order to change to teddy you have to do? cd
> ?teddy1?
>
> I don?t know if there is an equivalent in curl.

curl will do the equivalent of a 'cd teddy1' with a URL of
ftp://server/teddy1/ If you're not seeing that, then there's a bug.

> curl -v --ftp-ssl -K /u02/scripts/loads/ftpssl_frog1.txt --use-ascii
>
> -T "/u02/downloads/hris/flexuploads/hrupd.data" ftp://server//teddy1
>

> Without the extra slash ftp://server/teddy1 it assumes the directory structure
> of frog.teddy1 instead of teddy1

curl won't do a 'cd frog.teddy1'; the frog part must be coming from the server.
You need to show us curl's actual output log in order for us to interpret
what it's actually doing.

>>> Dan