Re: Fetching Sequence of Files

From: Alexander Lazic <al-curlusers_at_none.at>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:52:29 +0200

Hi,

On Mit 27.09.2006 18:14, d.nordquest_at_juno.com wrote:

>I type at the Windows XP prompt:
>http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D$mjmtext:[1-5]:./temp/~ammem_GQ2P::
>
>What I can't firgure out is what to type next to get the sequence saved
>properly in, say, C:\curl\mad\

Have you looked into:

http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html

---
.
.
-o/--output <file>
Write output to <file> instead of stdout. If you are using {} or [] to
fetch multiple documents, you can use '#' followed by a number in the
<file> specifier. That variable will be replaced with the current string
for the URL being fetched. Like in:
  curl http://{one,two}.site.com -o "file_#1.txt"
or use several variables like:
  curl http://{site,host}.host[1-5].com -o "#1_#2"
You may use this option as many times as you have number of URLs.
See also the --create-dirs option to create the local directories
dynamically.
.
.
---
For your request:
curl -o "C:\curl\mad\filename_#1.ext" \
"http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D$mjmtext:[1-5]:./temp/~ammem_GQ2P::"
what I don't know is if you need on windows '\\' or the is '\' enought.
Hth && Regards
Alex